Early Access Update #5 is the fifth major update for The Blackout Club (game) in Early Access. It was released on January 19th, 2019.
- Fix to crashes related to AI Navigation
- Possible fix for getting stuck in permanent grapple, especially with the Shape (stuck with black screen)
- Fix for players getting their customizations and powers reset upon experiencing a PlayFab connection error upon start
- Fix for double-consumption of energy bars for visitors with bad pings
- Fix for tranq dart arm being down in first person when primed for use
- Fix for consumable items lingering after use
- Crash fix when transitioning back to hideout from a mission
- Optimizations and bug fix for intermittent hangs at the end of a mission
- Updated Stalker Menu in the Hideout to remove the "Wins As Stalker" Leaderboard
- Updated Stalker Menu in the Hideout to make clearer the role of stalker in the game (you're not expected to win like a versus mode in competitive games - just get a lot of points and cause mischief)
- Changed Stalker's Mission Complete screen to not give a "success" or "failure" message, instead the focus is on your Stalker Score of the sins you recorded
- Fixed Stalker UI for gamepad users when traveling through Red Doors to support the correct input glyphs.
- ALSO FIRST WEEK OF LEADERBOARD GIFTS GOES OUT AND LEADERBOARDS RESET.
- The Top 10 on the "Stalkers Caught" and the "Stalker Score" and "Wins as Stalker" leaderboards will receive special items in their inventories.
- Top 10 on the "Wins as Stalker" and "Total Stalker Score" Leaderboards will get a stalker unique item in their inventories.
- The #1 players on the "Wins as Stalker" and "Total Stalker Score" Leaderboards get a unique item compared to the rest.
- The Top 10 on the "Total Stalkers Caught" Leaderboard will get a unique item as well (different from what stalker leaderboards get)
- Omit leaderboard entries for values of zero
- Allow players with dossiers to enter the Stalker van regardless of level
- Make sure stalkers do not show up on the Mission Start screen
- Possible fix for crash reported by Rhiannon and MrMusicMan789
- Only grant dossiers when the Stalker is captured or flees.
- Give the capturing player the win if the Stalker disconnects during capture.
- Possible fix for co-op kids seeing Stalker outline.
- Prevent stalker from picking up quest items
- Fix for leaning while crouched
- Fix to maze entrance in 1005 Hoadly
Early Access Update #5
- Stalker mode available to the public
- Leaderboards for Stalker Wins and Stalker Top Score
- Getting suppressed will lead to death even if your last suppression was not from the Shape (to prevent exploits where a player jumps off a cliff to escape the Shape)
- AIs will be less likely to crowd around ladders when chasing players
- Improvements to AI mobility in instrument relay B
- new UI for tips screens during load
- Characters blink now, basic eye animations
- Characters close eyes in game when players close eyes
- New Eye animations for suppressed state and while being revived
- Updated Energy Bar info in hideout
- New female Pajama AI
- new UI for reward items in hideout
- Added name of item being looked at in customizations screen
- Fixed bad projector location in dream therapy
- fixed some issues with string damper placement that could block mission completion
- Fixed the case where only 3 posters where spawned when 6 are required to complete a mission.
- Fixed the First Fire's light not showing up when carried.
- Fixed lobby privacy (public/friends-only) not updating when the option is changed in the menu.
- Delay ability to shove when grapple starts to reduce the chance of accidental shoves
- Longer grapple immunity when starting ladder/rope climb
- Fix for spamming dev-looking names when The Shape's current target disconnects
- Fix for AIs teleporting players if the player jumps on their back right before they travel through the red door
- Allow interacting with world objects while jumping unless you are falling fast enough to have pending possible fall damage
- Fixed camera popping through top of arches
- FIxed security camera alert warmup sound to properly stop when the camera loses the player
- fix for ai pathing blockage in Host Conditioning
- Numerous fixes to character clothing rigging and weights
- Fixes to first person hands when walking, crouching, running
- Fixed mission complete count up audio to not go crazy when framerates are very high
- Fix for wastebasket in prologue
- Fix for sink audio in prologue kitchen
- Fixes for getting stuck in wall in bathroom of 922
- UI fixes to modal dialogues
- Fixes to collision in the hideout
- Fixed radius on lockpick interaction collision
- Fixed collision in dream therapy that could lead to players getting stuck
- Fixed collision in New Growth that could allow players into bad areas