Redacre is the fictional town in which The Blackout Club (game) exists.
Description[edit | edit source]
Redacre is a town located in Virginia within the National Radio Quiet Zone (NRQZ). It is a small town, but due to location within the NRQZ, the residents of Redacre have limited contact with the outside world. They have no internet, no cell service and all attempts to set up other signal broadcasts has failed (with one exception that did succeed from an outside source, but was short lived). The town has their own local cell service controlled by CHORUS , so residents can call each other within the town, but not anywhere outside. Resident often have little cellular connection and call quality is an issue, as seen in the Prologue with the call between Bells and her parents. The town also has a strict curfew that prevents residents from wandering around after dark, supposedly because there is a coyote invasion problem, though there have been no signs of said coyotes. Lucids have also remarked that they are watching the borders and woods of Redacre.
Residents of Redacre lead relatively normal lives, not much different than any other family in the United States. However, Redacre seems to have a rampant sleepwalking problem, though most the adult residents don't make much of it. There also seems to be the "Legacy of the Redacre Runaways", implying that teens running away from home has been a problem.
Locations[edit | edit source]
Hoadly's Leap[edit | edit source]
A small neighborhood of Redacre where missions take place.
Hover over an area of the map to see the region of Hoadly's Leap. Click on the map to explore that area.
Notable areas of Hoadly's Leap include:
- 98th Avenue - The road that bisects Lower East and Lower West Hoadly.
- The Maze - A network of rooms and tunnels running underneath Redacre that houses the Instrument.
Undisclosed Locations[edit | edit source]
- The Hideout - The Blackout Club's base of operations, set of boxcars located somewhere in the woods of Redacre.
- The Stalker Van - The Stalker's hideout located somewhere in the woods of Redacre.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Redacre is supposedly one of the safest places in Virginia.
References[edit | edit source]
- Delaney, Mark. "Among Demons and Deities: An Interview with The Blackout Club's Jordan Thomas, GameSkinny, 16 July 2019.