How To Play: Rituals
Rituals are a special mechanic in The Blackout Club (game).
Players must be opted in to Enhanced Horror to submit a ritual.
The following item(s) can be used to complete rituals and contact a Voice:
Light of Rebellion
Light of Rebellions expire after 5 days. If not used at the altar in the Hideout within 5 days, the Light of Rebellion will disappear from the player's inventory.
If a player already possesses a Light of Rebellion in their inventory and picks up another, a Humble Rock will be awarded instead.
Performing a Ritual
To use a ritual item, perform the following steps. It's best to have in mind what you want to say before performing the ritual, as there is a chance other players may hear your ritual as a dream.
- Enter the ritual space in the Hideout.
- Walk up to the altar and select an item to place on the altar.
- Select which Voice receives your sacrifice.
- Step back a few feet and stand in the white box on the floor and face the altar.
- Close your eyes, speak your ritual. Players have 30 seconds to speak their ritual.
Players can say whatever they wish and chose which Voice should receive this message. Players often ask a question to a specific Voice in mind to learn more about a particular topic in the lore. Not all rituals are serious questions, however. Players will do things like tell jokes to get the attention of LAUGH-LAST, players used to send DANCE-FOR-US music per her request when she was alive, SPEAK-AS-ONE followers use rituals to destroy Name Fragments, and etc.
It is important to note: rituals are not guaranteed a response.
- In the early Closed Beta builds of the game, an additional Ritual Item existed. The Bucket of Truth, a metal pail, could also be sacrificed to the Voices. At the time of the Bucket of Truth's existence, the ritual system did not let the player specify a particular Voice to send the ritual and the difference between the Bucket of Truth and the Light of Rebellion was not known. The Bucket of Truth was removed from the game before the Closed Beta ended.
- In the Closed Beta, it was possible to hold multiple Light of Rebellions. Now, picking up multiple Light of Rebellions will convert every additional LOR to a Humble Rock.