Sacrificing is a mechanic in The Blackout Club (game).
There are both gameplay and lore-based meaning to Sacrificing:
Sacrificing provides several perks and drawbacks in the game:
- Your XP earned is posted to the "XP Sacrificed" leaderboard - you then reset to 0XP and return to Level 1.
- You keep all wardrobe customizations and gestures earned thus far.
- If hosting a mission after sacrificing, the gameplay difficulty will be minimal at Level 1 - no Lucids, no Speed Traps or Acoustic Mines, and an easier Shape until these are unlocked again with progression.
- Any progression in unlocking different section of Redacre restarts. Because it is tied to the hosts' level, if you host a mission while sacrificing, only Lower East Hoadly will be playable until progressing further.
- Power Deck selection(s) reset and are given a single Power point - it can only be used on a Major Power since no Minor Power slots are unlocked.
Sacrificing is giving your body permanently to a Voice. Players can sacrifice to any number of Voices while playing the game; they are not limited to sacrificing to the same Voice every time. However, the long-term effects of sacrificing yourself to any of the Voices is not currently known.
Completing a Sacrifice
Players sacrifice themselves for various reasons - to be on the XP Sacrificed leaderboards, to have easier missions, to please a Voice. To sacrifice yourself at any time:
- Enter the Ritual Space of the Hideout
- Select "Sacrifice Your Body" then "Make Sacrifice"
- You will be prompted to select one of the Voices to which your sacrifice will be made.
- Click on a Voice's icon to read a short quote related to the Voices.
- After finalizing your selection, click "Sacrifice to <Voice's Name>" to complete your ritual.
- You will then be prompted to create your next character using the customizations you have unlocked in your wardrobe.