The New Kid
The New Kid is the playable character in The Blackout Club (game).
Personality[edit | edit source]
Being the player character, the new kid doesn't have much of base personality, though they seem to be a monstrous eater from Gwen's dialogue and the fact they were munching on some snacks at the end of the Prologue. They seemed to have been close with Bells, as when they take down an enemy, they will sometimes claim that it was for her. The game refers to the player as Bells' best friend.
Appearance[edit | edit source]
The new kid's appearance is fully customizable via the Wardrobe available in the Hideout. Their default customizable appearance is a Pulled Back / Short Parted hairstyle, Hoodie Gray, Jeans Navy Blue, and Canvas Loafer Gray. Their gender, eye color, and voice is dependent on player choices.
Biography[edit | edit source]
Early Life[edit | edit source]
Sometime before the start of the game, the player started experiencing strange blackouts and begun bonding with other kids going through the same ordeal. During this time, they became good friends with Bells.
Game[edit | edit source]
In the Hideout, the new kid can be seen munching on some food watching footage a crab underwater on their laptop while Gwen and Dax discuss Bells' disappearance and fate. Gwen tells the player to start doing missions while they get more snacks, telling them in a playful tone that if they all died that it would be their fault. Since then, they have continued to work as club members during the cover of night as TBC members.
Quotes[edit | edit source]
- See more: The New Kid Quotations
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The character's 'name' depends on the Steam ID of the player, though the player is referred to as 'New Kid' in the subtitles.
- Once a voice, gender, skin color, and eye color have been picked, they will remained fixed until the Player sacrifices themselves.
- The New Kid share the same voice actors as the player Stalker and the Whisper Twins.
- Players can sacrifice their character to a Voice and gameplay-wise will reset their character, though in the lore apparently the kid will permanently give up their body's control to one of the Voices and once sacrificed, the player presumably is given a new kid to control.
References[edit | edit source]